How To Appear And Conduct In Court
- Arrive to your court hearing a few minutes early.
- Dress appropriately like you are going for an interview. Avoid flashy jewelry and distracting, revealing, and unkempt clothing items.
- Remove hats and sunglasses.
- Do not chew gum.
- Sit and stand straight.
- Speak and answer only when you are asked.
- Speak clearly.
- Say “yes” and “no” rather than nodding and shaking your head.
- Remain calm and collected. Do not grow angry and argumentative.
- Turn your cell phone off.
- If you have young children who would not be in school at the moment, arrange to have someone babysit them at home.
- Trust your lawyer and let them do the talking, unless you are asked to speak.
- Use the bathroom before court begins.
- Be respectful. Address the judge by “Your Honor.”
These are tips on how one should appear and conduct themselves in court. As a defendant accused of a crime, these will help show the court that you are taking this matter seriously. Body language and appearance can influence the court.
If you are out on bail, you will have a better time prepping for court, both in your appearance and also in your case. Posting bail is easy when Action Bail Bonding is involved. So, if you or a loved one ever need a bail bond, please contact Action Bail Bonding online or by calling 901-476-2245. We offer FREE consultation, so talk to one of our helpful bail agents and ask about our zero down bail bonds and discounts we offer along with your other bail-related questions. We are a 24/7 bail bond company that is always ready to assist and help you with all your bail bond needs.