What happens in the immediate hours following an arrest is what is called the booking process. This is when your official arrest record is updated. The booking process sounds like a quick 10-minute procedure, but it can really take quite a while depending on the number of people being booked and the number of officers working. Here is what will happen:
- Your name and crime will be recorded.
- Your mug shot will be taken.
- You will undergo a full body search. Personal items and clothing will be taken. Of course, you will be given new clothing to wear.
- You will be fingerprinted.
- You will be scanned for any outstanding warrants or other charges like unpaid tickets.
- You will take a health screening.
There may be more steps involved, which will be up to the discretion of the police, but these are the main steps involved in the booking process.
Many people who are attempting to bail their loved one out of jail are surprised to learn that they need to have certain documents ready to go when they talk to their bail agent. These documents are very important to the bail bond process.
Here is what you will need to have ready when you talk to your bail agent.
- Official ID – You will need to prove you are who you say you are with some form of official ID, such as a driver’s license. This lets the bail bond company know exactly who they are working with.
- Proof of Residence – Next, you will need to prove that you do actually live in the state of Tennessee. This can be done with a utility bill.
- Proof of Income – Finally, you will need to prove that you can afford to bail out your loved one. This can be done by showing your bail agent your paycheck stub or a bank statement.
Even if you post bail before you are booked, you cannot officially be released yet. You must wait until you have been booked. DO not hesitate to contact us at Nashville Bail Bonds | Davidson County Bail Bonds immediately when you know you are eligible for bail. We’ll help you and any loved ones come up with a low monthly rate payment plan. Once all the paperwork is signed, we’ll get your bail bond to the jail as quickly as possible so once you are done with the booking, you can leave. The bail bond process with us takes only a short time and can be done over the phone so your wait time in jail isn’t any longer than it needs to be.